
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" - Lao-Tzu
I suppose I should start this off with an introduction. For privacy's sake, I will not be releasing my name. Should you feel the need to contact me or refer to me in any way, please feel free to call me Repentant or RP. I am seventeen years old and I am planning on majoring in psychology once I go to college.
I'm going to be honest, I'm not really sure why I had the sudden urge to start up a blog. While I absolutely love writing, I've never been one for writing blogs or even reading blogs. I actually woke up one morning and thought, "I really should start a blog. . ." Weird, I know.
Writing has always been therapeutic for me. Other than working on my novel, I generally only ever write when I am upset or when I need to clear my head. Somehow it helps me become healthier as a person. Every time I write, I let out emotions that I always hold in. The feelings that keep me the way I am. Writing is my outlet.
Maybe this is why I felt the urge to start a blog, I'm not sure. All I know is that this is what I am going to write about. Me. I'm going to tell the world all about who I am and what I go through in hopes of educating people and saving myself.
So, this is me: I am a homeless, seventeen year old female who has depression and an eating disorder. I was sexually molested for a little over ten years. I was bullied and harassed for twelve. I hate who I am. But, most importantly, I want to get better. As my mother has said time and time again, I need to get over the past.
And so I write. I release myself unto to you. I ask that you please be gentle for I am very weak. I hope that you will be the one to make me strong. I think that this is the only way I can get rid of the demon inside me (if possible) and I hope that in doing so I can help educate whoever reads this about eating disorders, depression, self-injury, and everything else I have lived through and dealt with.
This is only the beginning of a very long trip. Hopefully I'll be able to get my happy ending.
Repentant Dreams
I suppose I should start this off with an introduction. For privacy's sake, I will not be releasing my name. Should you feel the need to contact me or refer to me in any way, please feel free to call me Repentant or RP. I am seventeen years old and I am planning on majoring in psychology once I go to college.
I'm going to be honest, I'm not really sure why I had the sudden urge to start up a blog. While I absolutely love writing, I've never been one for writing blogs or even reading blogs. I actually woke up one morning and thought, "I really should start a blog. . ." Weird, I know.
Writing has always been therapeutic for me. Other than working on my novel, I generally only ever write when I am upset or when I need to clear my head. Somehow it helps me become healthier as a person. Every time I write, I let out emotions that I always hold in. The feelings that keep me the way I am. Writing is my outlet.
Maybe this is why I felt the urge to start a blog, I'm not sure. All I know is that this is what I am going to write about. Me. I'm going to tell the world all about who I am and what I go through in hopes of educating people and saving myself.
So, this is me: I am a homeless, seventeen year old female who has depression and an eating disorder. I was sexually molested for a little over ten years. I was bullied and harassed for twelve. I hate who I am. But, most importantly, I want to get better. As my mother has said time and time again, I need to get over the past.
And so I write. I release myself unto to you. I ask that you please be gentle for I am very weak. I hope that you will be the one to make me strong. I think that this is the only way I can get rid of the demon inside me (if possible) and I hope that in doing so I can help educate whoever reads this about eating disorders, depression, self-injury, and everything else I have lived through and dealt with.
This is only the beginning of a very long trip. Hopefully I'll be able to get my happy ending.
Repentant Dreams

No comments:
Post a Comment